7/30/10

Conduit

"We ain't nothing but a conduit," or so the Newsboys claim. That's a new favorite line of mine - I'll have to print it out and tape it to my wall.

I like it because it reminds me of what I am when it comes to writing. Oh, I let pride get in my way, I focus on the wrong things, and I strive for goals that are my own. But when I get a gentle slap upside the head, I shake it off and realize once again where my sights should be. And it's in those times that I see that yes, I ain't nothing but a conduit - a conduit for God's words through my pen (or keyboard, as it were). Therefore, what on earth am I doing, trying to put myself on a pedestal? I spend my time writing about focusing on God, being still and letting Him do the worrying, and doing HIS will. I just need to remember it for my own life more often.

Speaking of conduits, I did enter FaithWriters' Challenge this week, on the topic of "See." Next week after everything is "all clear," I will post a link to that particular piece. The current topic is "Smell." No real inspiration coming at me yet, but maybe by Wednesday I'll have figured something out.

Until next time...don't be a barrier - be a conduit.

No comments:

Post a Comment