6/6/14

Doughnut, anyone?

Happy National Doughnut Day! I didn't even realize that's what day it was until my mother mentioned it this morning...as we ate our breakfast pizza. Oops.

Another thing I didn't realize is that National Doughnut Day takes place on the first Friday of every June. (I think it's rather appropriate that it's on a Friday, don't you?) And another thing I didn't realize is that this doughnut-eating tradition dates all the way back to 1938 during WWI. (Take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Doughnut_Day) Fascinating!

What's even more fascinating is that International Jelly-Filled Doughnut Day is on June 8th, National Cream-Filled Doughnut Day is on September 14th, and Buy A Doughnut Day is on October 30th! I had no idea there were so many days to honor the soft, warm, sweet goodness of doughnuts!

So go have one. Even if it's after the first Friday in June. Because hey, they still taste good on ANY day.


Picture by Tracey Alvarez

No comments:

Post a Comment