8/14/10

Online Presence

Trying to keep up with a website, Facebook and this blog can sometimes be a challenge. Though traffic is minimal at this point, I do hope to generate a more regular following. While it seems pointless to update something which people are not yet reading, without the updates, no one would take interest. And thus, one of the many, many circles we encounter.

I did recently revamp my website and the look will probably stay for a while. I wanted something a little more chipper than the earth tones of my previous look, and the purples attach it somewhat to this blog. Keeping a website looking fresh and new is key to grabbing the interest of passing visitors. Making sure all information is current is also a must.

Facebook is all the rage right now, and I must admit that I'm surprised it has lasted this long. As a free service, it would be silly to not take advantage, so I'm trying to keep up with my very own page. Some days this may simply mean updating the photo. Other days it may mean keeping people informed of my current writing ventures and statuses. Even if it's just a link to a recent FaitWriters article, each update is important as it will show up on the home walls of those who "like" my page.

Paid advertising may be an option for some. For me, at this point, it is not. For those that can take advantage of this though, it may provide even more traffic, generating even more interest in what you have to offer - another reason to ensure that your online content is updated and current.

There are days when my writing consists only of online tasks. Even so, I count it as I would any writing exercise. When inspiration for articles or books lacks, what better way to spend my writing time than keeping up with my online pages?

No comments:

Post a Comment