8/13/10

Nutshell

Ahhhh, the weekend. Though there is a lot to do during the next couple days, it still feels nice not to have to go in to work until Monday.

Writing has not progressed much for me. The heat persists. Whether that's the main contributor to my writer's block or not, I'm unsure. I did enter the FW Challenge again last week with my entry The Scent of a Memory. It didn't do very well (placement wise) but at least the feedback was nice. This week's topic is "Discern." Don't know if I'll have the inspiration to enter on that one or not, but we'll see.

Today has been a day of many scrambled thoughts about PublishAmerica. They continue to bombard their authors with emails full of gimmicks and "deals." Their latest strategies include some "interesting" bait surrounding Barnes & Noble. Many are unsure as to how much of what they say is true, though I imagine much of it is simply worded in such a way to make it seem great to authors. However, I have to say that their latest offer to be a go-between for authors and Barnes & Noble takes the cake. They are pushing authors to buy books in order to submit questions or suggestions to Barnes & Noble... I thought that was something any individual could do.

At any rate, that's my current writing world in a nutshell. Until next time, stay cool and let writing take its course, whether speedy or slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment