5/13/13

Just a Casual Update

With a new season comes new inspiration. Or at least that's the way it should be, yes?

I love springtime because finally, finally, the snow and cold are gone. I find myself itching to clean, organize, and, of course, write. Thankfully, I have a perfect place to put my creative juices to use: my current novel.

As I look down at my last few posts (and realize, to my dismay, how little I've said here lately), I see it has been just over a year since I started my unnamed novel. Thankfully, after a long winter dry spell, I'm back into the swing of things, and also up to chapter twenty. My protagonist, Emeline, is progressing nicely, as are two of my main male characters, William and Aylwin. The plot has thickened as Emeline has been forced to flee for her life - not something one might envision when thinking about a princess.

All in all, I'm enjoying writing this fantasy plot immensely. While it's a new genre for me, and has presented some mind-stretching experiences, I love the limitlessness of forgetting about reality and simply basking in my own imagination.

On that same note, it is not only I working on this book, but my partner in creativity, Alicia Kraft. I may put the pen (or keyboard, as it were) to use, but she has provided countless hours of brainstorming and plot forming. She may believe I am joking when I say her name will be going on the cover along with mine. Little does she know that I am indeed going to insist credit where it is due.

I've been kept busy these past few months not only with writing, but with artwork and craft projects - something relatively new to my hobbies. And while I've been horrible and keeping up with this blog lately, I've done a better job on Facebook. So don't forget to visit me there too.

With plans to be back here soon, I'm off to another scene in my novel. My body may be ready for bed at this time of night, but my brain is far from it. Just one more sentence...

No comments:

Post a Comment