5/18/11

Rethinking, Reorganizing and Revamping

Ahh, springtime. The grey clouds of winter are quickly sailing away on the wind, taking with them the blues and blahs of cold dark nights. And in their place is a big, bright ball in the sky called the sun. Mmm... the warmth sends tingles all over just thinking about it. Springtime not only invigorates my senses, but my soul as well.

Spring brings renewal to the countryside, but often brings renewal in our lives as well. It may not be a huge renewal, but even spring cleaning is a form of taking out the old, clearing space and sometimes bringing in the new.

Along with the physical activities of cleaning and organizing, I've begun reorganizing my thoughts and goals. Assisting a friend and fellow author set up his new website and blog has brought back inspiration for my own sites - this one included. Not sure yet what I'll do or change, but I do plan on spending a little more time around here. It's always been my goal to blog more and keep up with my website more... perhaps this year I will finally accomplish that.

At the same time, it seems spring has brought with it a reignited ambition to finish some of my writing projects. I've started sending out queries to publishers about my Foundation of Novel Writing book. I've begun to finalize my anthology and have decided its publication route. I'm planning on actually finishing my devotion book. My novel? For now, it's on the back burner, but still very much on my plate.

I'm not sure what the months ahead will bring, but I'm looking forward to them. I'm also looking forward to see what new places God takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment