6/16/16

Sopping Wet, But Warm

This cute little guy is Dynamite. I took this picture a little over a month ago, the same day I brought him home. A coworker had sent a message out to the staff that he had an orphaned kitten, and...well... I couldn't say no.

As soon as I got Dynamite home, I gave him a much-needed bath. Needless to say, it was quite a traumatic experience for such a tiny fella, and not exactly the most pleasant experience for me. But we both survived. I took him out on the porch to dry off in the sunshine when I caught this priceless expression. He was so miserable being so wet, and so tired, but he was loving the sunshine. Despite his dislike of bathing, he obviously felt better afterward, and thoroughly enjoyed the warm sun.

Going through some tough stuff lately, I wonder how much I actually look like Dynamite in this picture. Frazzled, wet, tired, and at the world's mercy. And yet...there's sunshine. Despite everything seemingly going wrong and pulling me down, even if I feel like crap and I don't want to get up in the morning...the sun still shines. God still has His arm around me. He still has everything under control - even when I feel like a drowned rat. He has already seen tomorrow and is already there waiting for me to simply continue in faith. He's got this, even when every ounce of control is ripped from my grasp.

Dynamite is twice as big now, and he does not appreciate baths any more than that first day. But we get along great. Even though I put him through getting clean, he loves me and I love him. As long as he's got his sunshine, he's good. And as long as I've got my sunshine - literal or figurative - I'm good, too.


I love hearing from you! Feel free to leave a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment